Friday, December 03, 2004

Letter #1

My name is Rafael. Everyone calls me Raffy around here. I'm just a nondescript guy, your typical average Joe. Nothing special about me. I have been averaging through out my whole life, since secondary school and junior college. Don't talk about primary school, it was a one off thing that I topped my class in Primary 5 and Primary 6. I'm not trying to show off about it, but well, I was kicked from the best class into the worst class. So what could one do? Secondary school? Yeah, I just about scrapped through everything.

And I went on the crooked path too. Even going onto the crooked path I was averaging too! Just about shoplifted from my school bookshop..nowhere else. In the end, some asshole sold us out to the disciplinary mistress. Luckily, we got away with only a warning, nothing much. But we never found out who was the guy who sold us out, though we had our suspicions. It remains a mystery to this day. Anyway, I managed to find my way back to the straight path with some help and left behind that group of friends for good. In the middle of that, some things happened. You could call it an awakening or what. But I began to ask myself what any teenager would ask himself. Or that's what I think. I began to ask myself stupid questions like what is life? Why is the sky blue? Yeah yeah, all that philosophical crap. I began to search for the purpose in life, until something took over that mission. Forgot what was it already. But during that age of hormonal surge, what could be more important than legs in skirts?

Anyway, that was in the past. To cut a long story short, basically I completed my O'Levels without any fanfare. Just the usual creeping around the bushes, snooping here and there and bingo! I'm over the finishing line! That was one major hurdle. Life was even worse for the next stage, the A'Levels. Practically boring for me....The major turning point came during my holidays....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home