Saturday, February 12, 2005

Salus

Salvation! Hope is to a lover as to what money is to a scrooge! Time is to a runner as to what redemption is to me!

Am I beyond hope? Beyond the ebony gates of Hell? Doomed to languish in the pits forever and ever! For I have risen. Risen and so left the anguish of the human husk behind. Is that a curse or a blessing in disguise? Time will tell. Time herself will whisper and mock wickedly in my ears whether I will fall prey to the one inevitable immortal who shoots true and deadly.

As I now rise above the clouds, looking at the happenings eyes askance, I wondered.

"How long will this haven last?"

"How long before I will be brought down mercilessly to earth hell again?"

And as I rise, my thoughts left me with the setting of the beautiful sun, leaving me in the solitary albeit comfortable darkness.

Yours truly
Aristocrat

5 Comments:

At 6:37 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to hear that you are getting back together again.

 
At 12:28 am, Blogger Rhys D. said...

Confusion is a good friend of mine, really.

Some optimism at last? Hahah, good to see that you are in high spirits. Enjoy this sojourn while you can.

 
At 4:39 am, Blogger tussand said...

My dear melancholic, who are you I wonder? Who's behind this mask? Thank you for your well wishes though. Hope you have had a happy new year :) Though I wonder when have I been apart lol. Is there a difference?

Lady Rhys, you think I'm in high spirits as well? Haha...that wasn't the main intention of the post. Meanwhile, best year ahead to you!

Yours truly
Aristocrat

 
At 12:41 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shall leave a verse here...since its V-day. Wrote it for my significant other - maybe your significant other will appreciate it too.

-----
My heart is strong,
my spirit is weak.
It is an answer that I seek.
The question burns within the fire,
so that I may hear my heart's desire.

Wither my love,
Wherever you be.
Through time and space,
take my heart near to thee.

 
At 1:24 am, Blogger tussand said...

My thanks to you melancholic for that little verse. Hope this day was fruitful for you and that your significant other appreciated it?

It warms my heart to see that there are people still practising this art of writing here. We have too few in the community and new blood is never enough to replenish the old.

On a last note, I look forward to more works from you. May it not be once a year that you put the mighty pen to bear!

Yours truly
Aristocrat

 

Post a Comment

<< Home