Friday, May 06, 2005

My Lady Lives In The Moon

At ten p.m. opposite
the misty lake I strode
on my way back towards home
The tranquil waters betray not
a single emotion
the surface a smooth sheet of
glass, unbroken but
beneath lay a torrent of
undercurrents for the tide
was high and the moon was out
And I yearn for the lady in
the moon, where she lives
so faraway and I could
only see her when the moon comes down
once or twice



Pardon me readers, for I know not how to continue with the story. I'm stumped I must admit, lack of flow without and within. My apologies to keep you all waiting...A short piece, another meagre meal for the mass.

Your servant
Aristocrat

4 Comments:

At 10:49 am, Blogger tussand said...

Thank you for your kindness Mystique, though I'm afraid it's not as good as you made up to be :). Then again, my thanks.

 
At 2:30 am, Blogger tussand said...

Well said, but sometimes one can't help it can't we? As it goes, we are our worst critics....

 
At 4:01 am, Blogger atomicvelvetsigh said...

oh, i believe a poem is like a painting. interpretation lies on the one who's looking.

and i find this poem a sad longing, probably the reason why the ending seems to be hanging.

8) and nice to have come across another great poet! add you to my links

 
At 2:22 pm, Blogger tussand said...

How true, it all depends on the reader's eye. like what Gilbert Koh's blog is about.

And yes, it was about a sad longing, and the yearning has never ceased at all.

I have added you to my links as well, gracias. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home