Thursday, February 17, 2005

Past Mistakes

Forgive me of my hubris, for I can't help but do this. I had to dig up my first works and post it here again. This was written for my ex-significant other. Let the arrows begin.

The Glass Rose


Eyes wide open I lie on the sheets
The fan turns and whirs, the ceiling looks so familiar
Where have I seen it before?


The sun sets and rises
Feelings come and go
Each day is as before


Standing at the doorway
Your shadow cast itself on me
Bringing memories of happiness
Unable to shake it off


Like a rose you are, a child of spring
So full of innocence and joy
A beauty that endures, yet pricks and defies


Cast in glass the rose forever
As the bud turns to leaves, the colours live and breathe
Cast in glass the rose forever
With the sun’s rays trapped inside


The ceiling looks the same
As the sun sets on the horizon
Each day is as before


The bells have rung the time has come
I cannot find the words to say my last goodbye
Cast in glass the rose forever is


5 Comments:

At 9:16 am, Blogger Joanna said...

Don't worry Aristocrat, it is not a showcase of your hubris
Your works still carry the beauty despite its age
It would be lifeless if you hide it
Go on! Display its full glory in the glass! =)

 
At 7:32 pm, Blogger tussand said...

Hmmm, that was very raw I think. Like learning how to crawl.

By the way dear readers, which font size is better?

Yours truly
Aristocrat

 
At 11:46 pm, Blogger Joanna said...

This will do. Comfortable for the eyes.

 
At 11:50 pm, Blogger tussand said...

This is a bit ambiguous. Which 'this' are you refering to? LoL..Small or normal?

 
At 12:23 am, Blogger Joanna said...

What ambiguous? "This" means this! hahaa... normal

 

Post a Comment

<< Home