Friday, September 30, 2005

She Sings


She sings and it was
Like light pouring out
Into the dark voids

One was filled with hope

As the sight falls upon her

A truly eternal beauty

Of fairest skin and palest eyes

And her dark locks

Tender tendrils over her shoulders


Once I saw her
I was smitten,
Knocked deep down and senseless

My soul took leave of its vessel and

I yearn to see her again and again

Day after day
I went to the same place
Where the birds sing and the goats wandered

But it seems
I would never
See her again

2 Comments:

At 10:33 am, Blogger Joanna said...

I'm particularly attracted to this piece. Perhaps because singing is my love. There is a verse in the bible, "Sing, O barren, You who have not borne." A song in times of emptiness brings a light that breakthroughs the darkness.

I can't fully appreciate your last santza though... why would you not see her again?

 
At 12:10 pm, Blogger tussand said...

My dear friend, there is a new revision of it just above...:) This was my first draft...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home