Monday, September 04, 2006

Intransitive

As the music recedes so do my feelings
Rush like a waterfall down to its snowy depths
Plunging deep deep inside the unconscious
The last shred of my humanity plundered, fluttering in the lonely wind
Like the last man standing on a battlefield won, a Pyrrhic victory

Circling the skies above a hawk spies
In search of its food to delay starvation perhaps
Or to feed its young in that eyrie way up high
As it is always, to deny something, to allow something
By the force of our seeking

Searching I am too for that ultimate bliss
Like the hawk in the sky, eyes scan the world below me
Looking and looking for that sparkle who would bring me
Down back to terra firma where I would plant my two feet

I am searching yes, searching for you
The you in the shadows who I cannot see
The you that is the Other of me
The incomplete you for the incomplete me
That double of me both joy and of terror in my dreams

4 Comments:

At 6:05 pm, Blogger SandyL said...

Intriguing piece.

"The incomplete you for the incomplete me"

Nice.

 
At 2:03 pm, Blogger tussand said...

My profuse thanks, ahsuah. Never did one expect that you are still lurking around here. Thanks for the reading my humble works. Many many thanks...

 
At 5:35 am, Blogger atomicvelvetsigh said...

same as ahsuah.. a line most striking... simple yet chilling "The you in the shadows who I cannot see...
The incomplete you for the incomplete me"

strangely, today i was asked the question..
'who would you choose, the person that completes you, or the person that loves you completely?' Given that, hypothetically, they are not the same person, i havent really answered this question.

 
At 10:04 am, Blogger tussand said...

Thank you for dropping in again, velvet =).

My reply lies within your tomes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home