Thursday, March 16, 2006

Part 2: Do you know how much I missed you?

*Author’s Note: My dearest readers, here begins the second part of the story. Lay back in your chairs, relax and let these words flow over you like the gentle caresses of your paramour. Let it bring you to a deep well of memories that lies hidden to all…*

For a moment, I saw a silhouette in the distant fog, blazing across the neutral screens of my eyes. Seen through the enchantment of the distance, that silhouette looked fatally like Jane. Her long hair, her slightly drooping shoulders, her slight curves. Everything looked so real. Can it really be her?

“Jane,” I remembered whispering. To her, to that shadow cast out in the distance away from me. Far far away.

“Jane? Is that you, Jane?” The resounding silence answered my questions...

“Do you know how much I missed you so? How much I am pining for you, my dear little one?” I was beginning to ramble, to get hysterical. Come to think of it, how unmanly that was. Have you ever seen a man getting hysterical over a girl? No? Now you have.

I started to make a move towards her, to get closer to the dearest thing in my heart. But it seems the closer I got, the further that thing in my heart got away. I began to try harder, to run faster, just for the sake of trying to ascertain whether that shade of hers was real.

Was it real? Or was it a product of my hyperactive imagination? I have been told countless times that I imagined too much, way too much for my own good. A sensitive, you might call me.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, a voice called out to me to stop where I was. I was pretty sure that the voice wasn’t hers. I could have recognized her voice anywhere in the world. But was that voice mine? It sounded like my voice yet I clearly remembered I did not open my pale lips.

“She will disappear if you go towards here.” The voice whispered in my ear again. Definitely not mine. I did not have such a rasping voice.

“You know she will disappear if you proceed. Just like all those movies that you have watched. Try it if you don’t believe me.”

I stopped dead in my tracks. Even if that voice wasn’t mine, what it said made sense. She might vanish, and I didn’t want that to happen, not forever. I was beyond caring whether the voice had an infernal or godly origin. They were of no importance to me. Only Jane did. And she was gone. Just like that, in the twinkling of an eye,

One day she was still doing fine, her tinkling laughter reverberating throughout the huge mansion. It always reminds me of wind chimes, the gentle tinkling that comes with the wind. The wind that gently caresses your cheeks and the tinkling that flows over your ears like the sounds of a fresh winter spring, melting from the warmth of spring. If you know how sweet the freshly melted waters of spring taste, you would know how sweet her laughter was to my ears. Or to anyone else for that matter.

All the times that we have enjoyed together, be it happy or sad. I have to encase those moments in time, I have to. If not, I would lose them to the force of Time. Time will wear away all my efforts to make the memory of her stay.

Away, away! Get lost from her, Time! Do not ever trespass my memory of her! She will never fade from me!

Please, I beg of you. That is all I have left of her. Please…

3 Comments:

At 11:25 pm, Blogger Rhys D. said...

I think my heart broke a little after reading all that. It's wonderful, there is both confusion and clarity at the same time. Ahh, the human mind is fascinating.

 
At 12:56 am, Blogger tussand said...

Thank you so much if your heart is broken just a little. I do hope that the rest of the readers will feel likewise as well.

Chip off the hard shell that covers the heart to expose the soft, pulsating redness beneath...that which makes us human.

 
At 6:36 pm, Blogger tussand said...

Thanks to K for pointing out to me a grammatical error in the narrative above. If any of you readers do spot any more, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Yours truly,
Aristocrat

 

Post a Comment

<< Home